driving innovation forward
TheWheel™ is TheMotion 2.0’s actual drive unit. It is a high torque, high power PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) with an integrated power drive and associated smart software to control the motor. Together with the subframe it forms a 13 tonne driven axle.
- High peak torque of up to 20 kNm per driven axle
- Twin-tyre solution with front mounted rims
- Pure direct drive efficiency of up to 94% at the wheel
- No energy consuming gears and differential
- Easy installation of the connection system
- Fit and forget approach as minimal maintenance is needed.
- Designed according to Functional Safety (ISO26262) principles
The integrated high-power drive features intelligent motor control, self-protection and diagnostic features and communicates through CAN with TheControl unit.
TheWheel™ features a twin-tyre rim configuration. Tyres can be mounted using standard tyre equipment and are easy to mount and demount on TheWheel™ motors.
The subframe is designed to fit the majority of 12- and 18-meter buses, features low floor installations and standard brake systems from main brake suppliers. Connectivity is made easy by means of HV-connectors, enabling safe installation and servicing.
For other applications, such as trucks, subframe solutions can be made available.